The Press Office, which as an administrative section comes under the aegis of the President of HfG, is active in the fields of media, internal and external communication, corporate identity, marketing, publications, social media, and events. It is active in the staging of overarching projects and events in close collaboration with the Office of Knowledge Transfer and the Personal Consultant to the President.
- Press releases
- Information about the University
- Image pictures
- Addition to the press mailing list
- Procurement of discussion partners in the fields of art, design and media, including theory (incl. history of art, media, philosophy, perception)
Tel.: + 49 (0)69 80059 156
Fax: + 49 (0)69 80059 157
As a rule you can reach us Monday to Friday between 9:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
HfG in figures
26 professors, incl. two endowed chairs
- 18 of them in the School of Art
- 8 in the School of Design
2 honorary professors
- 0 in the School of Art
- 2 in the School of Design
18 teachers for special purposes and laboratory staff
- 12 of them in the School of Art
- 6 in the School of Design
8 research assistants
- 4 of them in the School of Art
- 4 in the School of Design
- 25 of them in the School of Art
- 11 in the School of Design
45 employees in administration
Winter semester 2016-7
716 (prior year 702) students, of which:
- 515 (prior year 511) in the School of Art
- 201 (prior year 191) in the School of Design
- 386 female students (proportion of females: 54 percent)
- 330 male students
- 137 students with a foreign passport
120, of which:
- 83 students in the School of Art
- 37 students in the School of Design
Applications in 2016
- 286 in the School of Art
- 103 in the School of Design
The photos available to the press may be used only for reports about HfG in Offenbach. Any other use requires approval. In such cases, please contact the Press Office.
HfG Offenbach Annual Reports
The Annual Report, which appears every year in July on the occasion of the “Rundgang” Open Day, documents all the activities at HfG in Offenbach during the preceding year and is to be seen as a significant medium, directed internally at students, teaching staff and employees, and externally at (potential) cooperation partners, potential students, the general public with an interest in HfG, the press, and politicians.
The Press Office manages the editorial work and the organization of the publication, as well as the relevant communication means for the “Rundgang” Open day (posters, invitations, , flyer ...) as a major project.
Every year the HfG Annual Report is designed by a different student team supervised by a professor in a creative field (since 2011 Prof. Sascha Lobe, whose field of teaching is typography). The projects conducted and degrees awarded during the past two semesters are always the focal point of the Annual Report. It also contains welcomes and farewells to new and departing colleagues. The Annual Report also features a DVD with short films, animations and documentaries by students, some of which won several international awards, and which are selected by Prof. Rotraut Pape, whose field of teaching is Film and Video.
Katja Kupfer (born 1968 in Frankfurt/Main) studied History of Art at Goethe University in Frankfurt. Among other things she has worked in publishing and design galleries. Since 2003 she has been a freelance journalist and author. Among other things her publications have appeared in Frankfurter Rundschau, Journal Frankfurt, Welt kompakt, Handelsblatt, and the Financial Times. The book she published with Christoph Schröder, »Unsere Stadt. Frankfurt in vier Spaziergängen« (Our City. Frankfurt in four Walks) appeared in 2006. She has been head of the Press Office at HfG Offenbach since 2007.