Call for applications: Professor_in for the subject Communication Design
Applications with the corresponding documents should be sent (only by post) to the President of the Hochschule für Gestaltung Offenbach am Main, Schlossstr. 31, D-63065 Offenbach am Main, under the reference number 90 until 28.06.2019
At the Hochschule für Gestaltung Offenbach am Main(HfG), the art university of the state of Hesse, there is an
Professorship (BesGr. W3) in the field of communication design
for an initial period of 6 years.
At the Hochschule für Gestaltung Offenbach/Main students are trained for different fields of activity in art and design. The interdisciplinary teaching and research field of communication design, together with the teaching and research fields of typography and graphic design/illustration, forms the focal point of visual communication.
Communication design comprises conception, development, creative direction, planning and implementation of complex design projects for cultural, scientific and/or economic areas.
We are looking for a personality with outstanding independent artistic and creative achievements and a strong interdisciplinary orientation. As part of the teaching concept at the HfG Offenbach, students are expressly encouraged to explore the social dimensions of design and the corresponding discourses. Knowledge of current design tools and techniques is just as important as experience with time-based media, web-based applications and services as well as communication and publication strategies. An international network, expertise and competence in contemporary visual culture, branding and publishing as well as experience as a juror and author are expected.
- Creative teaching in basic and advanced studies as well as in the planned Integrated Master programme
- Expansion of the teaching area in conceptual, organisational and technical terms
- Participation in the self-administration bodies of the university
- Interdisciplinary collaboration with other artistic, creative and theoretical-scientific subjects at the institute
- University degree or equivalent qualification
- At least 5 years of independent creative practice
- Proof of pedagogical aptitude, teaching experience
- Presentations and lectures in English should be possible.
For the full-time position advertised - teaching load 18 SWS - the appointment is initially limited to six years; a later conversion into a professorship for life is possible if the evaluation is successful.
The HfG Offenbach aims to increase the proportion of women in the artistic and scientific fields and therefore expressly invites women to apply. Applicants with disabilities within the meaning of § 2 Para. 2 SGB IX will be given preferential consideration if they have the same qualifications.
Applications from people with a migration background are welcome.